Sunday, May 11, 2008

SO ARE THEY REALLY LISTENING?

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has said that he will "listen and lead" in the wake of the Labour Party's disastrous showing in the local elections last week, in the opinion polls generally, and in the London Mayoral contest. So I was intrigued to receive the following email in my inbox this morning: "Hi, simonbarrow. DowningStreet is now following your updates on Twitter. Check out DowningStreet's profile here: http://twitter.com/DowningStreet." And yes, it is the Number 10 crew, getting the word out via the latest micro-blogging sensation. I'd better get those 140 character policy suggestions flowing urgently, huh? Here's my first pitch. Judging from this recent pic, I think Gordon's impressed already...

1 comment:

ElFouch said...

Only if he has his "mobile devices" setting switched to "on". However, as with so much we are getting from this government, this smacks of just trying to be "down with the kids" - some bright eyed and busy tailed cabinet office/No 10 intern probably came up with the idea, and it will whither on the vine. Or I am just a huge cynic and it will revolutionise the democratic process. Hard choice, eh?