Sunday, November 27, 2005

[257.1] SENDING ONE OUT TO AUCHENFLOWER

That's Auchenflower in Queensland, Australia. I've noticed from having a peek at my webstats data that someone from the Uniting Church offices there drops in to FaithInSociety fairly regularly. You're very welcome. I'm fascinated by the unexpected links this medium creates - a kind of cyber-ecumenism. Anyway, I have fond memories of the UC during my two relatively brief sojourns in the wide, red land in 1988 and 1991 - though mostly that was in New South Wales (the socially and spiritually active congregation at Pitt Street, Sydney - "a mainstream alternative"), in Melbourne and Canberra. Anyway, do drop me a line (email on the feedback link below) if you're so inclined, dear friend. [The picture, by the way, is of a bushfire linked to the Advent B Liturgy, with its theme of light, produced as part of a useful database of resources on lectionary themes by retired Uniting Church minister Moira B. Laidlaw.]

Comment on this post: FaithInSociety

No comments: